The Biogen Idec Foundation supports science education and programs in the communities where we operate in the United States (Greater Boston, Mass., and Research Triangle Park/Raleigh-Durham, N.C.) Organizations must be non-profit agencies with tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code.
The Biogen Idec Foundation also supports an Academic Matching Gift program, under which donations by Biogen Idec employees and our Board of Directors to qualified institutions of higher education in the United States (or U.S. affiliates of international universities) are matched dollar for dollar.
Eligibility and Limitation
To be eligible for Biogen Idec Foundation funding, an organization must be:
- A non-profit agency with tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and
- Serving residents of the Greater Boston area or Raleigh-Durham, N.C.
Eligible organizations must not:
- Advocate, support or practice discrimination based on race, religion, age, national origin, language, gender, sexual preference or physical limitation;
- Include the promotion of any particular religious faith as an explicit and primary goal;
- Have the nomination or election of candidates to political office as an explicit goal; or
- Be government agencies, political organizations or individuals.
How to Apply
The Biogen Idec Foundation accepts proposals throughout the year. The following questionnaire will allow you to confirm that your request meets the eligibility requirements. If it does, you will be connected to our online application process. Eligibility Confirmation for Online Application.
Grant Review and Notification Procedure
- Proposals are reviewed on a quarterly basis.
- All requesting organizations receive email confirmation of the Foundation’s decision.
- Due to the number of proposals received, the Foundation cannot respond to all inquiries on the status of a proposal.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE FOUNDATION, PLEASE EMAIL FOUNDATION@BIOGENIDEC.COM.