At Biogen Idec, we believe diversity fuels excellence. Our organization has nearly 7,000 employees in over 30 countries, so we rely on these different perspectives to achieve business success, contribute to a healthier society, and bring unprecedented, innovative solutions to the patients and communities we serve.
In the area of Diversity & Inclusion, we pursue these aims:
- Inclusion. Act as a more globally inclusive, bias-free, and culturally competent company
- Representation. Ensure we attract, develop, and retain top talent of all backgrounds
- Sustainability. Establish Diversity + Inclusion as a natural part of how we do business
How We Do It
Over the past few years, we have worked harder to infuse Diversity +& Inclusion principles and practices into our global culture. In practice, we embrace top talent from all backgrounds and foster a work environment where all employees feel empowered to do their best work.
Our approach relies on partnerships among dedicated resources and cross-functional volunteers:
- Our Diversity + Inclusion Strategic Council (DISC) is a governing body of 18 members representing all business areas. It sets overall strategy and approach for D&I and advises on implementation.
- Our Global Diversity + Inclusion team within Human Resources offers strategic and day-to-day direction.
- Employee volunteers design and lead many Diversity & Inclusion efforts, particularly our Employee Resource Networks.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All individuals deserve the right to achieve their full potential. Accordingly, our company welcomes all job applicants, and we strive to provide all employees with equal opportunity for advancement. We will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment based on an individual’s sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local government agencies or law.
As an employer of choice, we strive to:
- Provide attractive employment opportunities for diverse candidates at all levels and in all segments of our organization
- Pursue and maintain relationships with sources of diverse candidates, community organizations, and academic institutions
- Comply with both the letter and the spirit of all applicable laws and regulations relating to nondiscrimination and affirmative action in employment
Our commitment to diversity extends to our supplier relationships. In the U.S., we make efforts to source from small, locally owned businesses led by minorities, women, veterans and service-disabled veterans, among others. Please click here to learn more.