As part of our ongoing commitment to patients, Biogen Idec provides a variety of support services for patients and caregivers through MS ActiveSource®. These world-class services are thoughtfully crafted around the informational, emotional, financial and logistical needs that come with living with the diseases our products treat.
At MS ActiveSource, our ActiveSourceTM Coordinators provide support to people living with multiple sclerosis (MS) so they may lead better lives. We also assist physicians and other healthcare professionals who are looking for medical and other information about our drugs and their uses. Annually, MS ActiveSource handles more than 950,000 calls through our call center, where our highly trained coordinators help MS patients, including patients currently taking or considering TECFIDERA® (dimethyl fumarate), AVONEX® (interferon beta-1a) and TYSABRI® (natalizumab).
Among the full suite of services offered at MS ActiveSource, our ActiveNursesTM program offers nursing support so patients can receive the training and support needed to help them start and successfully stay on their therapies. Additionally, MS ActiveSource is a great resource for general MS information and educational materials available via phone, web or email.
For current patients, we also offer:
- ActiveSupportTM: Unlimited one-on-one telephone support, including scheduled follow-up calls, to help patients establish positive health behaviors and remove any ongoing barriers hindering therapy success.
- ActiveAccessTM: Benefit information and financial assistance options that help patients find the most affordable way to start and stay on therapy, including our $0 Copay Program.
- ActiveNursesTM: Home nurse visits for one-on-one injection training and 24/7 MS-trained nurse support.
- ActiveVoicesTM: A mentoring program in which a newly diagnosed patient is teamed with a “veteran” MS patient for support and assistance. Additional offerings include:
- Peer-to-peer interactions: Teleconferences with other patients living with MS.
- "Living Well with MS": Seminar series led by local physicians, nurses and health professionals.
To access these and other services, please contact us:
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET
RITUXAN Support Service
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 11 p.m. ET, Saturday 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. ET
Other Places to Get Help
There are many excellent resources dedicated to helping patients better understand and cope with illness. We are pleased to provide links to some of them below:
Note: These links take you to sites outside of biogenidec.com. Please be aware that with the exception of MSActiveSource.com, Biogen Idec has not co-authored, ratified, endorsed or adopted any information that they contain.
For People with MS
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society (NMSS) The National MS Society is a collective of individuals who want to do something about MS now. NMSS helps each person address the challenges of living with MS through its 50-state network of chapters. The Society assists people affected by MS by funding research, driving change through advocacy, facilitating professional education and providing programs and services that help people with MS and their families move their lives forward.
Information about Other Diseases
- National Hemophilia Foundation (212) 328-3700 www.hemophilia.org
- Arthritis Foundation 1-800-283-7800 www.arthritis.org
- Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America 1-800-932-2423 www.ccfa.org